This error occurs when the user runs the software from inside Windows using the CD. Normally, this wouldn't be an issue, but once in a while the bootable portion of WipeDrive and the Executable portion won't agree with each other, and will freeze the loading process.
To bypass the error, try the following:
1) Turn off the computer completely.
2) Before turning the computer on, be prepared to open up the CD-tray of the computer immediately after powering on the machine. Once you are ready, turn the computer on.
3) Immediately open the CD-tray and remove the disc. The computer may pull the tray back in automatically. Allow it to do so.
4) When asked to choose between WipeDrive and Windows, select WipeDrive, or allow the system to choose it for you.
5) When asked to choose between WipeDrive and Text Mode, select WipeDrive, or allow the system to choose it for you.
6) You should have now successfully bypassed the error.
If after following these instructions carefully you are still encountering the error, please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the model of computer you are running the software on, and the version of Windows you started running the software on. Also try to include in the e-mail any other details you think may be interesting about your case.