To use WipeDrive on a Mac, you will need to use the "bootable CD" method. This article will walk you through how to burn a CD on a Mac machine, and how to boot the Mac from the CD. If you purchased a disc from us directly, you will not need to burn the ISO to a CD.
1) Download the ISO file from your e-mail.
2) Search for and start the Disk Utility.
3) From the File menu, choose "Open Disk Image" and select the ISO to be burned.
4) In the list of volumes, you will now see an item representing the ISO file. Go ahead and select it.
5) Click the Burn button and follow the instructions.
1) Power down the Mac.
2) As you turn it on, listen for the Mac start-up sound. The moment you hear it, start hitting the letter "c" key repeatedly until it boots up WipeDrive. Alternatively, the "Option" key will work to pull up the proper menu. In this menu, select the CD marked "Windows".
WipeDrive Home should now boot up. Follow the instructions in WipeDrive to complete a secure wipe of the hard drive.
1) From the Apple menu choose System Preferences.
2) Click the Startup Disk icon in System Preferences, or choose View > Startup Disk.
3) Select your startup disk from the list of available volumes (It should be the CD marked Windows).
The next time you start up or restart your computer, WipeDrive Home should boot up. Follow the instructions in WipeDrive to complete a secure wipe of the hard drive.